Friday 12 April 2013

Chapter 7: Strange Vibe.

I told Cary, anyway. She demanded me to repeat how the scene unfolded, just in case I left out any details. I exercised caution to emphasize that no romantic interactions were witnessed, but it was my gut feeling that things were not platonic. I could feel that she was shaken by my news, as much as her imperturbable facade tried to prove otherwise. Cary's star sign is Scorpio, whose infamous ego refuses to bow down to vulnerability of a defeated emotional battle. I knew that deep inside, Cary has already fallen for Kevin.

She tried to powder the sour atmosphere with "Kevin bought me an L.V bag, and an Ipad 3!" She cheered, dragging me into her room to show off her trophies of the catch. I did not speak much, but I knew it meant that she had given her end of the trade. I was not sure whether she was hurting inside from the fact that she may probably have been cheated on, but I tried not to show any sinew of concern. With a lackluster smile plastered on my face, I watched as she held up the L.V, the majestic logo shone like a beacon, illuminating the royal red of the embossed surface.

As I kept myself toasty under the duvet that night, I was positive I could hear soft cries. It seem that girls always lose out in the game of hearts, huh? I thought about Darren again, and almost stabbed myself for allowing him to enter my thoughts. Vengeance soaked to the bones, so overpowering as I gritted my teeth in assent. Something in me wanted the tables to be turned.

And so I did.


~

I took Cary out to Butter Factory on my next off day after that incident, and she was more than elated. She rocked the night with her Texas cowgirl get up of hot denim shorts, a matching rugged denim vest over a distressed white crop top. Her outfit was paired with brown fringed boots and a fringed leather wristlet. Her face glowed with her immaculate bronzing of her cheek bones and T-zone, matched with summer eye shadow and long fluttery lashes. Her flat tummy revealed by the crop top was fair and looked smooth to the touch, appearing flatter than it really was due to her towering breasts above.

To complement her get up, I was in an equally short white denim pants that enveloped my firm buttcheeks. I chose Cary's Salvatore Ferragamo sheer black chiffon blouse as my top. It featured a cut-out off shoulder with a lace collar and golden metal clasps at the edge. A row of golden buttons fizzle with robust glamour in the middle. The cuff-links too were in gold, with the brand's logo embossed on them. I completed the look with a newly acquired pair of golden heels from Charles & Keith, the straps crissed-crossed in a very seductive stance. My make up was punk-rock, with winged eyeliner, sugared with specks of gold shimmer, and the same bronzed cheeks with muted nude lipstick.

Cary chose our target that night, and I had no qualms about it. I followed her tightly, weaving in and out of the dance crowd. We stood right by the VIP tables, and I felt all eyes on us. She placed her hands on my waist, and we started dancing. It was a good thing we grabbed a couple of beers beforehand, or that would have been really stiff. And it wasn't long before a man left his table and approached us.

He seemed to be in his early 30s, looking uptight in his long striped shirt and careless tie. He sneaked behind Cary and started gyrating his hips against hers. They started conversing in Mandarin, which I then heaved a sigh of relief as I wasn't in the translator mood that night. I was struggling to figure the strange vibe that seemed to have sprung out of nowhere again, taking control of me like a skilled puppeteer.

I continued my little performance with Cary, my hands lingering on the chests of the random men who were trying to dance me up. My expression was nothing short of provacative as I licked my lips, my lashes battering, I winked and wore smugness as my good luck charm. The men clambered for my attention like hungry kois, their lust propelling in such frenzy I could smell it.

The striped shirt man, who introduced himself to Cary as Wayne, and was half Taiwanese and half Singapore disappeared to get us a jug of vodka cranberry. We downed the juice in seconds, having worked up quite a sweat from all the vigorous dancing. Transient intoxication kicked in in minutes from the brain freeze as Cary whispered "Let's make these boys go crazy." She pulled me in and started kissing my neck, stamping whatever surface area she could reach with soft subtle kisses.

I felt hands groping our asses, or wherever they could land as they fought among themselves for a chance to catch our gaze. But we did not stop, bringing our show just a step further as I dirty danced against Cary, my hands caressing her collarbone, trailing her ample bosom which jiggled at my touch. Wayne was completely seduced, his hands glued to Cary's tiny waist, giving off a dominating vibe in an attempt to claim his prize.

A well dressed young man caught my eye. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and ripped denim. He had attractive features; smooth complexion, sharp chin and mesmerizing almond shaped eyes with deep double eyelids. He was alot like Darren, even the air of haughtiness that hung around him was similar. The playboy vibe. He had been looking at Cary and I, but did not make a move.

The strange vibe in me did.

I caught his eye and beckoned him over with a twitch of my index finger and a smirk on my face. To nobody's surprise, he shook his head and tilted his head to his right, staring at the empty spot beside him. Taunting me, wanting me to go over. I signaled having no intention of giving in as I pointed to Cary, stating that I was not allowed to go anywhere else.

Having figured that my excuse was a valid reason, he knew he had to relent. I smiled and continued dancing with Cary as he walked over, his hands placed lightly on my hips, draping themselves so dangerously close to my ass. He was really tall, at about 1.8, his hair neatly waxed in short spikes. "You are a demanding girl." He whispered. His voice was dripping with charm as his breath lingered at my neck, smelling of lime mint.

"Couldn't be worth comparing to you." I gave a small smile as the words fell out without thinking. Cary saw him, and gave a small nod of approval before gesturing that she was going over to Wayne's table. I turned around and looked up at the man, his cologne smelt like Unforgivable man from Sean John. Truly unforgivable indeed.

"I am Ivan. And you are?" Ivan ran his fingers down my back, the friction of his touch against the chiffon of my blouse forged a path of star sparks down my spine. He was moving slowly and suggestively to the flow of my hips. His actions were well rehearsed and confident, complimenting perfectly instead of overwhelming the salacious atmosphere that we were engaged in.

"Ivan, don't ask me something you won't bother to remember." I spoke in tender tones against his ears, as my right hand curled against his neck, my fingers stroking the sensitive flesh behind his ear. My left hand was holding his waist, gripping into the stiffness of his leather jacket. We danced for a while more, both of us desperately fighting off the urge to do anything more, to admit defeat. I cupped his cheek in my palm as I gave him the most seductive smirk I could manage. And it was not even my conscious, but the mysterious vibe that was commanding everything. Stooping a little, he planted a kiss on my forehead, the warmth of his lips stilled my breath for a split second.

He was really good at what he does. And he knew it.

Appearing to remain detached and unfazed, I took his hand by the wrist instead of his fingers, and pulled him out of the crowd to Wayne's table. Wayne was chatting happily with Cary, and mentioned that he has a penthouse suite at Fairmont Singapore for the night. We were all invited to go over. Two girls came over to the table, both dressed to the nines. And they were really beautiful. I learnt from Cary that they were from Taiwan, and filthy rich as well.

One was called Lisa, she wore bright blue contacts that brought out the beauty of her unmarred make up and she was around Cary's size, but she lacked the assets. Her hair was dyed oxide blonde with pink highlights and she donned a tight red tube made of crepe. A necklace from Cartier stole the limelight as the rhinestones and diamonds dazzled prominently, demanding attention.

The other was MiMi, a really passe name in my opinion. But she looked really sexy as opposed to her dainty name. Her sun-kissed skin tone made Cary and Lisa appear ghostly as she sat in between them. She had shoulder length hair that was cut in a high fashion slant, short from the left to long on the right. Her straight bangs accentuated her oval face, flattering her high arched brows and romantic Chinese eyes. Her lips were painted red, the only distinguished color against her palette of monotone. She was dressed in a solid black LBD with analogous black heels.

I saw Ivan's fleeting gaze as he appreciated their beauty with no attempt to appear clandestine. I knew he was doing it to get a reaction from me. To which, he failed as I leaned over and said "Come with us tonight to the suite, I think you'd like that." I flashed a genuine smile, and I could have sworn I felt disappointment on his end as he could not detect any jealousy from me.

He shrugged and hesitated for awhile. I put my hand over his lap and said "4 pretty girls, what do you have to lose?" He placed his hand over mine and I felt him resisting the urge to interlace our fingers together. Instead, his hand remained for awhile before reaching out for his drink for a toast.

"Only if you down a full glass." He quipped. I took my glass in compliance and twirled my finger absentmindedly on his lap before retracting my hand.

Us 4 girls danced around the table as Wayne chatted with Ivan. I felt him stripping me with his eyes as I fought hard to win the visual battle. He was too handsome not to look at. As we danced, Lisa said "Ivan is so cute!" Her cheeks were red from the alcohol and probably from the blushing as she oogled at him, feeding his ravenous ego. MiMi on the other hand, was intrigued with me, her hands wrapped around my body seductively. Maybe she was inebriated. My bad experience with girls in school made it impossible for me to believe I could be attractive bisexually.

Wayne poured us more drinks and we finished the Belvedere Magnum before we left the club, heading for Fairmont. I left Ivan to take a cab with the two taiwan girls, on purpose of course. I relished at his silent protest as he feigned nonchalance when I ushered them into the cab. He tried to get back at me by allowing Lisa to tuck her arm into his. I simply shouted "See you guys later!" and waved as their cab drove off.

In the cab with Wayne seated in front, Cary showed me the text conversation between Kevin and her. She had gone with asking him about the Caucasian girl despite her claims of not going to do so.

"Violette said she saw you with a Caucasian girl that day."
"Ya, that is my friend from Amsterdam."
"O, why you did not tell me about her."
"Sweetie, my love, she is just a good friend, so I do not wish to invite unnecessary trouble by telling you."
"Ok... What are you doing tonight?"
"I have a meeting with some big bosses, and we will be going to KTV, so can't meet you tonight. Tomorrow k?"

His words were saccharine and so aptly phrased. Cary asked for my opinion, to which I responded with a lie. "Give him the benefit of the doubt first then, because you have nothing to lose right?"

She nodded. I knew that was what she wanted to hear as I patted her hand. She resumed her happy self as she perched against the front seat, speaking to Wayne in fast and fluid Mandarin.

As the taxi zipped down the empty streets, the tug in my conscience was killing me. My intuition was screaming. Knowing Kevin, I fear for Cary. The only thing I can count on then, was that Wayne may pan out to be a good distraction.

And somewhere deep down, where my strange vibe was hidden in the shadow, thoughts of Ivan and his chiseled features gave me goosebumps just thinking of his touch.



lesson 7: give the player all your attention by not paying him any.





No comments:

Post a Comment